How is it that we're already finding ourselves looking at our March calendars?! What a reminder that time "marches" on unabated. As of the date of this writing, there are 303 days remaining in 2023. 7,272 hours, 4,850 of those waking (give or take). Large numbers that are at the same time so, so small in the grand scheme of things. Tic-tock-tic-tock.... 🕘
What are you going to do with those days and hours? You likely have things that you hope to do and maybe even plan to do ("If the Lord wills..." - James 4:15). The work at Threefold is no different. There are also things that we pray will be accomplished, or gain ground, in 2023:
- Complete requirements under new(er) legislation in Canada and particularly in Nicaragua 📄
- Ok, so this is understandably not super exciting as a 'goal', but is necessary
- If you are one of those folks who enjoys governance-style work and would like to help, or if you are curious about what this is all about, reach out!
- Resume the operation of the medical clinic 🥼
- Yes, that means that the clinic, supporting those with chronic conditions, unfortunately has NOT been running as per normal over the past few months
- The prayer is that the snags be straightened out and that those in dire need receive the help that they so desparately require
- Remain connected to, or reconnect with, the child 'graduates' of "Best Start in Christ" 👨👩👧👦
- At five years of age, the children in the early-years program head to local schools
- The intent is to remain in contact with these children and their families to continue relationship and remind them of God's big role in their lives
- Welcome those seeking to be strong Christian leaders with teaching and training 🙏👨🎓📖
- Individuals who are enthusiastic about God and for their churches, are often lacking even the most basic education and biblical knowlege
- Christian Leadership Training (CLT), as a module of the "Best Start in Christ" programming, seeks to provide not only those basics, but the practical resources to help them grow and flourish. The prayer is that good seeds produce much fruit! It is already happening in the lives of those who completed the inaugural program late last year, and in their churches.
Alongside these things, we are once again exploring the option of having short-term mission teams safely return to Nicaragua, considering how to work WITH and not simply FOR our brothers and sisters there. The posture is to partner as co-labourers, not to simply provide. Interested in the literal or figurative journey?
The backdrop to all of this is the mission to advance the Christian faith. The commitment remains at the Skylark Centre - the place of rest, retreat and nurturing, where community is built and strengthened and where God's lead is followed faithfullly.
Reach out with any questions that you might have. These things can only be accomplishished with you as the champion, and by the grace of God who makes it possible, and who sets our paths. Can we "march" together through 2023?